Watcher when a server goes down and a followup if it's been down for 24 hours?

Hello,

I have a number of servers being pinged by heartbeat. What I'm trying to figure out how to do is:

• "Watcher 1" run every minute - When a server has been consistently down for a minute (no monitor.status = up for any documents for one particular address in heartbeat for the past 60 seconds of documents), send an email notification, then trigger a "watcher" to evaluate again every 24 hours.
    - "Watcher 2" - At the 24 hour mark, if the server has still been consistently down (no monitor.status = up for any document for that one address pinged in any of the heartbeat documents returned for that server for the past 24 hours), trigger another email.
    - During this "wait 24 hour" period, suspend "Watcher 1" running every minute on the server

Is something like this doable with the watcher functionality? I've seen workflows posted before about a simple downtime notification, but not sure if the rest of this can be performed.

@devbot You definitely can do something like this with Watcher. Unfortunately I don't have a working example to share directly with you, but there's a good corpus of information here if you haven't seen it already.

You'll also need to configure email settings in Watcher to do so.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.