What happened to the "Gold" subscription?

I was just made aware that the "Gold" subscription has been discontinued.
When did this happen, and what is the reasoning behind it? Is this part of a strategy to push users to the cloud service?

Many "Elastic stack" use cases get the Gold license so they can hook up to Active Directory for authentication, but don't need all of the extra features that come with the "Platinum" license.

I don't suppose Platinum will be made available to the same price as the Gold subscription, seeing there is now als "Enterprise"?

Just a heads up that I am trying to get some internal guidance on what's happened here :slight_smile:

Per the [9] footnote on Subscriptions | Elastic Stack Products & Support | Elastic;

Gold Subscription tier is no longer available for new customers, try Elastic Cloud Gold instead. Customers with existing Gold Subscriptions will continue to be supported through the end of its current subscription term.

We weren't seeing much uptake and the added features in Platinum were more attractive for a broader range of users.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.