Why I am getting "No results displayed because all values equal 0" for Pie chart?

Hi Experts,

I am on kibana 4.1.1 and I have one pie chart visualization, it says "No results displayed because all values equal 0". Not sure if "No results found" and "No results displayed because all values equal 0" are same , if not what could be the problem ?

Thanks
VG

VG,

Can you try to run the queries outside of kibana?

If you expand the spy panel of a visualization and click on the Request
button, you can see the query that is ultimately sent to elasticsearch.
You can then use that query in Sense or in an application like Postman
to query elasticsearch directly. This might reveal some additional
information about the nature of the data and help determine if the issue is kibana or in the data.

Thanks Jim,

So this is what I got when i run the query outside of kibana . I use sense

Query is

GET /_search
{
  "query": {
    "filtered": {
      "query": {
        "query_string": {
          "query": "(src_address:(10.*) OR src_address:(192.168.*) OR src_address:(172.16.*) OR src_address:(172.17.*) OR src_address:(172.18.*)OR src_address:(172.19.*)OR  src_address:(172.2*.*) OR src_address:(172.30.*)OR src_address:(172.31.*))",
          "analyze_wildcard": true
        }
      },
      "filter": {
        "bool": {
          "must": [
            {
              "range": {
                "rt": {
                  "gte": 1462857159335,
                  "lte": 1462943559335
                }
              }
            }
          ],
          "must_not": []
        }
      }
    }
  },
  "size": 0,
  "aggs": {
    "2": {
      "terms": {
        "field": "act",
        "size": 10,
        "order": {
          "_count": "desc"
        }
      }
    }
  }
}

Sense Result

I do not see any problem with the result but the strange part is if i fire this query for last 15 min or for today i got no result found but for last 24 hours I am getting "No results displayed because all values equal 0". Please help me to understand what it the problem ?

"No result found" means no documents matched your query.

"No results displayed because all values equal 0" means that documents were found but the metric calculates 0 for every slice in your pie chart (probably sum of fields that are all 0). This cannot be displayed. If you changed your metric (e.g. to count) this doesn't happen.

@fred-d So is it kind of bug in pie chart ? because I am using count matrix only also as you suggested I changed the visualization to Data table and it always says No result found which is digestible but pie on the other hand is showing "No results displayed because all values equal 0" for the same time period.