Why I am not seeing data after upgrade to 6.1 from 5.6

I am not finding any data after upgrade is completed.

Could you please help me find out what did I miss while upgrading 5.6 to 6.1? I followed the steps as per this link--
https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/reference/current/restart-upgrade.html

It does not say anything about indexing data so I was expecting it will be available after upgrade, did I miss anything here to get back the data (which I might have misunderstood in the documentation)?

Please help.

ps: I am in development.

GET _search

{
  "took": 0,
  "timed_out": false,
  "_shards": {
    "total": 0,
    "successful": 0,
    "skipped": 0,
    "failed": 0
  },
  "hits": {
    "total": 0,
    "max_score": 0,
    "hits": []
  }
}`Preformatted text`

Please format your code using </> icon as explained in this guide and not the citation button. It will make your post more readable.

Or use markdown style like:

```
CODE
```

Please edit your post.

Anyway, it's possible that your path.data is somewhat wrong and does not go to the previous path where your 5.x data is. You should probably check where on the disk are your 5.x data.

1 Like

Great, that was the problem :slight_smile: Thank you very much for your prompt response.
I am seeing the data/indexes but my visualizations/dashboards not showing up. I remember reading a question/answer on that. Let me go through that once and will post if any other help needed.

Thanks once again.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.