X-pack-env.bat is missing?

(mbr) #1

Hello,

While trying to setup an environment with Elastic 6.0.0 beta1.
I am struggling with the new command setup-passwords that on my windows server seems to be missing a x-pack-env.bat file..

Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug ?

Here is the commandline I am trying
E:...\Elastic\elasticsearch\bin\x-pack>setup-passwords auto

And my error :
'"E:...\Elastic\elasticsearch\bin\x-pack\x-pack-env.bat"' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

In my folder "E:...\Elastic\elasticsearch\bin\x-pack" there is no x-pack-env.bat and it seems to be the only file without .bat equivalent...

Thank you,
Regards,

Martin

(Jason Tedor) #2

First, I'm so terribly sorry that you have run into this. The expected file is indeed missing from the X-Pack distribution. This is a build issue on our side, and one that we take very seriously. We will work to address the breakdown that led to this.

You can fix this: create the missing file called x-pack-env.bat with the following content:

set ES_CLASSPATH=!ES_CLASSPATH!;!ES_HOME!/plugins/x-pack/*

Thank you so very much for downloading a pre-release of Elasticsearch, trying out X-Pack, and giving feedback here. We have a Pioneer Program for users like you. I will be adding you to the program. Again, thank you!

(mbr) #3

Thank you very much, it worked perfectly.
I will be more than happy to be part of your Pioneer Program.

Have a nice day.
Regards

Martin

(system) #4

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.