X-pack-env.bat is missing?

Hello,

While trying to setup an environment with Elastic 6.0.0 beta1.
I am struggling with the new command setup-passwords that on my windows server seems to be missing a x-pack-env.bat file..

Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug ?

Here is the commandline I am trying
E:...\Elastic\elasticsearch\bin\x-pack>setup-passwords auto

And my error :
'"E:...\Elastic\elasticsearch\bin\x-pack\x-pack-env.bat"' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

In my folder "E:...\Elastic\elasticsearch\bin\x-pack" there is no x-pack-env.bat and it seems to be the only file without .bat equivalent...

Thank you,
Regards,

Martin

First, I'm so terribly sorry that you have run into this. The expected file is indeed missing from the X-Pack distribution. This is a build issue on our side, and one that we take very seriously. We will work to address the breakdown that led to this.

You can fix this: create the missing file called x-pack-env.bat with the following content:

set ES_CLASSPATH=!ES_CLASSPATH!;!ES_HOME!/plugins/x-pack/*

Thank you so very much for downloading a pre-release of Elasticsearch, trying out X-Pack, and giving feedback here. We have a Pioneer Program for users like you. I will be adding you to the program. Again, thank you!

Thank you very much, it worked perfectly.
I will be more than happy to be part of your Pioneer Program.

Have a nice day.
Regards

Martin

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.