X-Pack Reporting: Dashboard with id 'xxx' not found

Hi,

We've recently moved to the ELK stack for logs processing, and are now trying to incorporate the reporting functionality. I have created visualizations and added them to dashboards. But when I try to generate a report for the dashboard, the report comes out empty. The document only says "Dashboard with id '94faeb90-a803-11e7-9c6f-ef15b8630434' not found". Same goes for reports on individual visualizations. I looked around in the Kibana logs but couldn't find anything out of order. Any ideas on why this is happening and how this can be fixed? Thanks!

Hi @sidhant,

does the user that generates the reports have the reporting_userrole?

Hi @weltenwort. Currently, I'm working with a single user that has superuser role. reporting_user is explicitly a part the roles list, but I believe superuser will cover it?

Assuming your Kibana index is the default .kibana, could you please check what this results in:

POST /.kibana/_search
{
  "query": { "ids": { "values": ["94faeb90-a803-11e7-9c6f-ef15b8630434" ] } }
}

Hi,

Strangely enough, it appears the issue has automagically fixed itself. The reports are being generated normally, without any corrective actions from my side. I'm still not sure what was causing it. I'll still post the result of the above query.

{
  "took": 0,
  "timed_out": false,
  "_shards": {
    "total": 1,
    "successful": 1,
    "failed": 0
  },
  "hits": {
    "total": 1,
    "max_score": 1,
    "hits": [
      {
        "_index": ".kibana",
        "_type": "dashboard",
        "_id": "94faeb90-a803-11e7-9c6f-ef15b8630434",
        "_score": 1,
        "_source": {
          "title": "Test Dashboard",
          "hits": 0,
          "description": "Dashboard for Test",
          "panelsJSON": """[{"col":7,"id":"97b6f3c0-a802-11e7-bfff-e36fdd5276d1","panelIndex":2,"row":1,"size_x":6,"size_y":3,"type":"visualization"},{"col":1,"id":"8798f260-a805-11e7-9c6f-ef15b8630434","panelIndex":3,"row":1,"size_x":6,"size_y":3,"type":"visualization"},{"size_x":12,"size_y":5,"panelIndex":7,"type":"visualization","id":"e14181d0-a01a-11e7-8e72-47889a173ad3","col":1,"row":4}]""",
          "optionsJSON": """{"darkTheme":false}""",
          "uiStateJSON": """{"P-7":{"vis":{"legendOpen":false}}}""",
          "version": 1,
          "timeRestore": false,
          "kibanaSavedObjectMeta": {
            "searchSourceJSON": """{"filter":[{"query":{"match_all":{}}}],"highlightAll":true,"version":true}"""
          }
        }
      }
    ]
  }
}

Ok, that is good news at least, even if it does not shed light on the cause of the problem. :thinking: The output shows that a dashboard with that id is present in the .kibana index.

Please let us know if the problem reappears.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.