X-paxk: Login is currently disabled because the license could not be determined

Login is currently disabled because the license could not be determined. Please check that Elasticsearch is running, then refresh this page.

Do you have a xpack license ?

Did it expire?

If you have a basic license you may be need to disable security.

This is what you need to do.
Your Kibana instance cannot connect to your Elasticsearch cluster.

If you provide more details about how this error came about, we might be able to offer a more useful solution.

Thank you
Error surfaced after installing x-pack on elasticsearch and kibana

Elastic Search is Running:

elastic+ 11247 1 3 Oct05 ? 00:27:06 /bin/java -Xms1g -Xmx1g -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:CMSInitiatingOccupancyFraction=75 -XX:+UseCMSInitiatingOccupancyOnly -XX:+AlwaysPreTouch -server -Xss1m -Djava.awt.headless=true -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 -Djna.nosys=true -XX:-OmitStackTraceInFastThrow -Dio.netty.noUnsafe=true -Dio.netty.noKeySetOptimization=true -Dio.netty.recycler.maxCapacityPerThread=0 -Dlog4j.shutdownHookEnabled=false -Dlog4j2.disable.jmx=true -XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError -XX:HeapDumpPath=/var/lib/elasticsearch -Des.path.home=/usr/share/elasticsearch -Des.path.conf=/etc/elasticsearch -cp /usr/share/elasticsearch/lib/* org.elasticsearch.bootstrap.Elasticsearch -p /var/run/elasticsearch/elasticsearch.pid --quiet
elastic+ 11293 11247 0 Oct05 ? 00:00:00 /usr/share/elasticsearch/plugins/x-pack/platform/linux-x86_64/bin/controller
root 20188 20150 0 02:23 pts/0 00:00:00 grep --color=auto elasticsearch

I don't license
never had it before, i thought it was open source?
how do i disable security

i need to send alerts and watch certain patterns

never had it before, i thought it was open source?

It's not and I'm pretty sure your logs are warning you about this expiration.

i need to send alerts and watch certain patterns

It's part of XPack commercial as well.

You can ask a basic license which is free but you won't get alerts with it.

Have a look here: Subscriptions | Elastic Stack Products & Support | Elastic

Thank you,

i will follow the subscription link and take it from there

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.