Xpack free trial

Hi all,
I wanted to explore benefits of x-pack and downloaded the trial version (5.6.9 like my ELK products).
I'm not able to test a case where a user could only access a particular indice. The only thing that works is user with the superuser role.
Before going further, i just want to know wether the trial version permits me to implement such a case, because often, all facilities are not available in free versions.
Tnak you for your answer and help.

The trial version provides access to all features. have you created a new role that specifically grants access to the index you mentioned? Have you assigned this to a new user (with the kibana_user role if you are using Kibana)? This blog post contains some example roles and users that might be useful.

1 Like

Thank you for your quick answer. I've created a user with kibana_user role and a specific role to access my indice and only this one. I even looked at several video démos :-).
As you said the trial version allow me to implement this case, i'm going to investigate more.
Regards

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.