Year over Year Calculations

I am trying to create a report with year over year calculations, I want to show to sum of activity in Jan 2020, and compare that with the sum of Jan 2019, I wish to display this is a numeric value of the difference, and show the percent change, how can I do this?

You should be able to do that with TSVB and the "serial difference" aggregation:

The "lag" parameter is the number of buckets to compare the current value to, make sure to set the "Interval" to 1 year in the Panel options. In the options tab of the series (the one seen in the screenshot) you can set the formatting to percentage.

1 Like

Great, thank you! One more question for you... Im not seeing a way to filter the data, it appears its doing the calculation on all the data available in kibana, I created a Data Table with the metrics I need and the filters applied, how can I combine this?

I want to show this Week over Week Calculation based on a specific set of data with the filters applied

Thanks!

With data table you mean the visualization type? Filters work a little different there than in TSVB.

In TSVB in the "Panel options" you can specify the index patterns and a field based filter for the visualization:

1 Like

Got it, Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.