7.15.1 is extremely slow

whom ever it may concern
something is wrong with 7.15.1 loading kibana dashboard is extremely slow

same hardware works loading same data same dashboard in 7.12 only 14 second.
7.15.1 it takes 2 min. everything is same

I even downgraded my dev setup and put 7.12 and it works fine. just 7.15.1 had problem.

I am not going to send any data report as I don't have time nor do I have hardware to test. been fighting with this from week. finally figure this out.

just FYI

Tested 7.15.0 same problem. will go down on version until I get back to my original level

Can you possibly provide the query that you are running, examples of outputs, examples of the data structure. Possibly run search profiles between the different versions, so that we can see differences?

it is just dashboard using metricbeat data and bunch of different visulization on it. nothing fency. no custom.

just finish testing on 7.14.2 and it works as it was working on 7.12.0. (both loads in about same amount of time)

7.15.1 and 7.15.0 both are extremely slow.

I understand it is vague. but it is what I am facing right now. and I have some hard target date hence no time to find out what is causing. just have to make it work. which ever version.

But using same hardware. same os. Just reinstalling ELK one by one and loading same dashboard.

You should be able to inspect the visualization to get the root query, you can then run that query through the search profile to see what is different

it is not individual viz that I can do inspect. dashboard has more then 20 viz. don't know which.

but for now. 7.14.2 works ok. hence going with it.

alright lot more testing happen through out week.

I can confirm with 100% that somethign in 7.15.1 (kibna) setting which cause this.

my cluster 7.12.x and 7.15.x works flawless with 7.12 kibana.
but as soon as I upgrade kibana to 7.15.1 it goes to almost halt level.

here is kibana config

[kibana]# cat /etc/kibana/kibana.yml |grep -v ^# |sed '/^$/d'

server.port: 5601
server.host: "elk11"
server.name: "elk11"
elasticsearch.hosts: ["http://10.22.222.20:9200"]
elasticsearch.username: "kibana_system"
elasticsearch.password: "kibana"
server.maxPayload: 3548576
xpack.fleet.enabled: false
xpack.fleet.agents.enabled: false
telemetry.enabled: false
xpack.security.enabled: true
logging:
  appenders:
    file:
      type: file
      fileName: /s1/log/kibana/kibana.log
      layout:
        type: pattern
  root:
    appenders: [default, file]
    level: debug
xpack.security.session.idleTimeout: 24h

to further prove my self I downgraded kibana back to 7.12.0 and it works as expected.

anyone has any idea or any bug that has reported for 7.15.1 on kibana?

I would say that something between 7.12 and 7.15 was changed and Kibana, but I did not have the time to look into all the release notes.

I had some problems with Kibana 7.15, including a discover bug, that made me postpone the upgrade until the bug is fixed, maybe there is a related issue about this slowness you are getting, have you looked into the github issues to see if it was reported?

I was so overwhelmed with this problem that I had not got chance to do anything other then fix to put whole thing back to normal level.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.