After use Elastic 6.1, I can not import index-pattern/dashboard/visualization automatically like 6.0 and previous version

Hi guys, I encountered an issue that previously I used python to import/export index-pattern and other saved objects automatically. Even there were some changes in each version, but mostly the script worked fine. However, in Elastic 6.1 (es and kibana), after I imported all those to ElasticSearch, I found Kibana could not display index-pattern, even all data was ingested in ".kibana" index. Kibana requested a new index pattern creation. But if I imported some data and created an index pattern in Kibana manually, then ran script to import all, everything was back. and I can remove sample index-pattern and view dashboard or visualization. I compared the ".kibana" index for both scenario, hardly pointing out where was different. Someone can help on this case? Or could someone tell me what are changes between Kibana 6.0 and 6.1? thanks

anyone else helps on that?

I am also facing same issue. Any help in this regard is appreciated.

We got the reason but not sure if it was root cause. You can compare the mapping of ".kibana" index between 6.0 and 6.1.X. you will find some type of fields changed. Before you start Kibana 6.1, you can import the mapping of kibana from previous version (6.0 or 5.6.X), then probably everything is ok. The issue is caused by new version of Kibana instead of ElasticSearch. In a word, Kibana mapping has changed in 6.1, you can not view your index-pattern while using the previous index format. Hopefully it will be helpful to you. and I was strongly wondering why Kibana mapping had to change!

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.