App Search indices not accessible through Kibana?

When I navigate to Index Management on the Kibana console, my App Search indices don't show up. Why is this the case? Can I create an index through my elasticsearch endpoint and have it be accessible through my App Search engine?

1 Like

Hi @sabetali! What version of Kibana and Enterprise Search are you using? You may need to enable viewing hidden/system indices in Kibana since Enterprise Search indices are dot-prefixed.

Hey @david.harsha, I'm using v7.10.2 of both Enterprise Search and Kibana. How do I enable hidden indicies?

I believe you want to hit the "Include hidden indices" toggle:

Thanks for the suggestion, I tried it and the app search indices still don't appear. Also, I'm unable to access the indices that do appear under Index Management in by Kinaba Discover console. Are these bugs or am I missing a configuration somewhere?

Do you see them if you use the cat indices API?

They don't show up when I run GET /_cat/indices. Do 'engines' on App Search not get counted as indices?

As far as I know, if they don't show up in /_cat/indices then they don't exist (unless you don't have the correct permissions somehow). Which indices are you looking for? Do you see anything like .ent-search-*?

So the App Search indices ARE showing up with .ent-search-document-backend*:

Why aren't they displayed with their original names?

Also, Kibana's 'Discover' dashboard doesn't detect any of the indices I created

Why aren't they displayed with their original names?

Those indices use an internal engine identifier.

Also, Kibana's 'Discover' dashboard doesn't detect any of the indices I created

You may need to create an index pattern to see them.

1 Like

Yep you're right, thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.