Authorization Required

graph

(Rene) #1

Just installed Graph, and when checking it out, when I select the index and fields, hit search, then a dialog pops up "Authorization Required", although I have no autorization configured for Elasticsearch. Just hitting enter won't help, also tried some local system accounts, but no success either. Please help! :slight_smile:

Graph API in ES 5 aplpha
(Mark Walkom) #2

Thanks for raising this, it's something we have also seen elsewhere and the team is working on it. We'll get back to you!

(Rene) #3

Thanks for your quick response and great to hear you are working on it!

(Tat Dat Pham) #4

I got same error :slight_smile:

(Steve Kearns) #5

Hi Folks,

I'm afraid there is a bug here - the Graph UI is not giving a clear and appropriate error message.

The reason for the prompt is that Graph requires a trial or a Platinum-level license (see our subscriptions page for details on what else is included), and the bug is that it doesn't give you a clear message about this in the UI.

If you are a customer, please reach out to our support team, and we can issue you a trial license. If you are not a customer, we're happy to issue you an extended trial license - just email info@elastic.co and our team will send it over!

Once the trial license expires, you can re-install your original gold or basic license.

Thanks,
Steve

Graph returns Unauthorized!
Graph returns Unauthorized!
Graph 2.3.1+ shield problem
Current license is non-compliant for [graph]
Invalid_type_name_exception error
(Rene) #6

I have a basic license now, does this mean it won't ever work? Or is that the bug? Will it work with a basic license after the bug has been solved? You got me confused now :slight_smile:

(Steve Kearns) #7

Hey Rene,

Apologies for the confusion! Graph will not work with a Basic license. The bug is that the UI doesn't tell you that. In the future, we'll have a more useful UI that shows you your options.

You can reach out to our team at info@elastic.co, and we can send you a trial license extension in short order!

Thanks,
Steve

(Rene) #8

Hmmm ok. Maybe this could have been metioned more clearly in the release Blog post and in the documentation.

Thanks for offering a trial license, I'll contact the team.

Have a nice weekend! :slight_smile:

(system) #9