Basic License expires after 1 month

Hi.

We are using X-pack solely for it's monitoring capabilities at the moment (which are very good).

Our Elasticsearch clusters are generated via automation (Cattle vs Pets style) and we generate a new cluster fairly frequently. As we don't use any other X-pack functionality i set the xpack.license.self_generated.type=basic configuration option expecting it to generate me a basic license in perpetuity or at least a year (which is what you get if you manually request one), but instead, Kibana tells me

Your Basic license is active
Your license will expire on May 19, 2018 4:35 PM BST.

Is it possible to setup an Elasticsearch cluster with a basic license without it expiring after 1 month without having to mess around with the License API? If not please can this be added as a feature request.

I'm afraid requesting licenses and manually uploading them is not really a scalable solution when automating things.

Thanks

Hi @joeweoj,

This should be available soon. The basic license will no longer expire. Keep an eye out on our next few releases for this one!

Thanks,
Chris

Thanks @chrisronline,

Is there a github feature request or something i can track to see when it becomes available (instead of polling the release notes).

Cheers

It will be part of 6.3.0.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.