Monitoring under xpack basic license

Hi ,
I have install Elastic core and Kibana. I have also installed xpack Elastic and Kibana using Basic License which is for 1 year. As per the subscriptions page, Monitoring is free under basic free plan.
But what I see in Monitoring tab in Kibana is this message. Which says your license will expire on a date which is 30 days later.

Clusters
10 seconds
Last 1 hour
local-el-cluster
Your Trial license will expire on July 16, 2017.

Please answer the below questions -

1. Whether the basic license is for 1 year.
  2. Whether the monitoring is free under this license

If yes then how the expiry date is shown for 30 days instead of a year.

Thanks,
Sunil...

What you have is a 30-day Trial license, not a Basic license. You can get a Basic license, which will be valid for 1 year, by clicking on the 'Free License' button on this page.

Hi @sunil_bhardwaj

As Christian mentions above, it seems like your cluster is running on trial license based on the message you posted above.

The X-Pack basic license includes monitoring your Elasticsearch, Kibana and Logstash. It is free and available for anyone to use after they register and download license. After 1 year is up, you can re-register for the license and continue to use it for free.

After you registered for a basic license, did you receive an email from us that gives you a link to download install the license?

Thanks,
Bohyun

Hi ,
Thanks for prompt response. Yes I got an email for license links and guidelines.
Followed the guidelines, even then it shows the message that free trial is going to expire after a month.
I was in impression that I have installed basic license but then why Kibana shows the message.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.