[Canvas] Mapping Conflict in Index Alias leads to failing visualizations

Hi all,

I used the canvas plugin to create a workpad with Kibana 6.4.2. After the upgrade to 6.5.x with canvas built in, all visualizations that query a certain index alias fail. The alias points to two indices, one having a "message" field mapped to text and the other having a "message" field mapped to object.

In the previous version the visualizations were displayed but as of 6.5.0, canvas refuses to do anything with this:grafik

Also, when querying for a field that does currently not exist in the index, canvas shows an error message and refuses to show the visualization. Wouldn't it make more sense to just display the visualization without the data from that field? I think this was also the way that it was handled in the previous canvas version but I might be wrong here.

Do you guys have any suggestions on how I can work around these issues?

Thanks in advance and kind regards,
Kasimir

Hi @tarkin67, please create an issue on our Github repo. From what you've said it sounds like there may have been an inadvertent breaking change. Keep in mind Canvas is still in beta though, so breakages may occur.

Thank you for your reply @Bargs! I opened this issue on github.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.