Comparing JMeter Test Results in Kibana Dashboards

I'm using the JMeter Elastic plugin to push performance metrics to an Elasticsearch index. I've created a Kibana Dashboard to view JMeter results for a specific test time window. Now, I'd like to know if there's a way to compare test results from two different tests.

Specifically, I want to know if Kibana supports creating dashboards to filter between two separate time periods:

Test 1: Jun 2, 2024 @ 13:42:08.70 - Jun 2, 2024 @ 14:42:08.70
Test 2: May 25, 2024 @ 15:00:00.00 - May 25, 2024 @ 16:00:00.00

Is it possible to create a dashboard that allows easy comparison between these two test periods?

Thanks in advance for your input and suggestions!

You can do this by setting up a custom time range on your visualizations by accessing the panel settings

You can also use the shift parameter to get data separated by an specified amount of time so you set the date in the global time picker and your charts can render data shifted from it.

Check the docs

and this blogpost for some idas on how to run comparisons and such

Hello,

Thank you for responding back. I want to create a single visualization that compares metrics from two different visualizations having different test timeline. Please refer the example below.

I would like to know:

1. If we can create a single visualization taking data from two different timelines.
  2. Create a third visualization that can refer value from two different visualizations (having two different timelines).

Kibana Lens can render "layers" where each layer can take data from different timelines by using the shift parameter I mentioned before.

Again, with a custom formula you can substract counts from different timelines using the shift parameter.

Please take a look at the documentation for formulas and shift directly available in the Kibana user interface. Maybe run your tests with any of the sample datasets (e-commerce, logs, or flights) and post an example of anything that is not working as expected. That helps a lot to understand any future issues.

Example of a simple count of records from one week against the previous, with the count function documentation expanded: