I am trying to create docker image with some customized kibana source code. So that, i can deploy it in a kubernetes cluster.
Here are the steps i followed so far.
- Cloned kibana dev source code (https://github.com/elastic/kibana).
- Made a Checkout 6.4.3 version into my local MacOS machine.
- Customized kibana source code. // made changes in one file (filter_bar.less)
- changed Node version 8.11.4
- Yarn Install
- yarn kbn bootstrap
- yarn start
- Yarn build ---> (6 packages were generated into the kibana/target directory for darwin, linux, winows versions and some OSS versions (zip files) )
- Extracted darwin and windows versions and tested them using in mac and windows using run/kibana and works as expected.
And as per Jarpy's instructions in this below POST
I have cloned kibana-docker 6.4.3 ( https://github.com/elastic/kibana-docker/tree/6.4 )into my local machine.
Also, i have installed virtualenv, Python docker in my local machine.
I know there is no need to create a docker file by myself to create a docker image. Please can you provide me steps editing the docker template (make file or docker related files under template folder) for generating the docker image using my local source code of kibana/target along with the commands.
FYI:I am pretty new to docker .
Thanks in advance and any help is highly appreciated.