Custom Docker Image for custom Kibana Source

Hii,

I have a custom source code of kibana with lots of modifications and UI updates . I want to create a custom docker file to generate a build and copy my custom plugins to the build folder and make it ready for deployment in my AWS. can anyone help me how to write the docker file . I am really new to the docker

Our Docker builds are created from here. In the coming months, this will be moved to the Kibana repository and will just be part of the normal build process.

How can i route the process to my custom kibana source which is saved in my local machine
Is there any tutorial or docs available?

Which version of Kibana are you working on? We just replaced the build system in the master branch. Let me know which version you are working with and I'll put together a recipe that will work for you.

I am working on Kibana 6.4.2

OK, cool. Here's what I did for version 6.4.4:

• Cloned the Kibana repository to /home/jarpy/src/kibana
  • Checked out the 6.4 branch
  • Built Kibana with:
    • nvm install
    • nvm use
    • yarn kbn bootstrap
    • yarn build --skip-os-packages --release
  • Cloned the kibana-docker repository
  • Checked out the 6.4 branch
  • Built the images with: env ARTIFACTS_DIR=/home/jarpy/src/ ELASTIC_VERSION=6.4.4 make release-manager-release

Thank you for the reply

Can you please help me how to write the docker file for this ?
Can you provide me a sample so that i can use it as a reference

You're welcome.

There's no need to write a Dockerfile. The build process I provided will generate it for you from the template.

I am able to create the docker image sucessfully . But i have some doubts

1. How can i specify my custom elasticsearch url to this ?
  2. How can i copy or use my custom plugins which is inside plugins folder for the docker image

How can i specify my custom elasticsearch url to this ?

There are multiple ways to configure Kibana running as a container. Generally, bind-mounted configuration is a good choice.

How can i copy or use my custom plugins which is inside plugins folder for the docker image

Perhaps modify the Dockerfile template to include them, then rebuild.

Actually I am new to this Docker things. Can you please give me a sample code snippet to add custom plugins or the entire plugins folder of the kibana , so that i can use that as a reference.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.