Custom Dashboard in kibana

Hi

I am trying to create a dashboard to monitor different components of our software, migrating from one environment to another.

Package A

Dev --> test --> QA --> UAT --> Prod

Package B

Package C

Package D

Each package has different jenkins jobs in different environment which performs certain tasks. I want to show this flow on Kibana dashboard.

I was told there is a way to get data in to Elasticsearch using jenkins api via metric beats.

Can I create Custom Dashboard.
3. I have seen Canvas demonstration. Can I use this feature to create custom dashboard. Which fits my needs. I don't need graphs or any other things coz I want to show only current state of job(Success, Failure, Progress). I also want to show some ${build variables} like build number, timestamp, package name. etc.

Attached Sample image just for understanding. I am open to suggestions to take a different approach.

Canvas is indeed the best method of achieving this. This is a good resource to get started with: https://www.elastic.co/webinars/intro-to-canvas-a-new-way-to-tell-visual-stories-in-kibana

@Marius_Dragomir Thanks for your response.

I have two questions.

1. Before creating one dashboard on canvas. Is there a way I can upload my test.js file to elastic search to check if it works. Each jenkins job gives me one json file. I want to upload one to elastic search and use it as a datasource to create a sample dashboard.

2. I was looking at markdown. But I see it only in rectangular shape. Is there a way can change the shape to like the above in image. Or any shape. Do we have that flexibility? If yes, Can you guide me where I can.

1. Yeah, just use the API calls to add a document in Elasticsearch.
  2. You can create any object in Canvas. if you look at the examples there's even bottle shaped boxes and so on.

@Marius_Dragomir I was looking at expression editor. May I know what Programming language is used in Expression editor on Canvas. Is it Basic HTML/Css or some thing else.

It's a custom expression language, for which you can find documentation here: https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/kibana/current/canvas-function-reference.html

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.