Custom Kibana build on 8.x version with Elastic Cloud

We are trying to deploy custom kibana build of 8.x release & connect to an existing elastic cloud deployment. How can we accomplish that?

We are using Elastic Cloud connected to GCP currently. We also have an internal on-prem deployment. We want to move away from on-prem to cloud still using our custom kibana build.

Hi @Venkatesh_Guruprasad

Apologies but....

Today we do not support deploying customized Kibana into Elastic Cloud.

Today we also do not support connecting a self managed Kibana directly to Elastic Cloud running 8.x. (in 7.x there was a way to run more than .kibana index and that has been deprecated )

You could open a support ticket to see if there would be some exception for your case, but I would not set the expectation that will be supported. I would contact support and see what they say.

I have already opened the support ticket. We were told by your accounting this path to use custom kibana is possible when we bought the on-prem license. We will see where we end up with that shortly. This was one of the pre-requisites for our on-prem enterprise license purchase

Your best option is to work with your Support and account rep to sort this out, we aren't able to help with this sorry.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.