Custom y axis

Hi,
I have multiple doc in this format
"x": {
"frequency" : 13.671875,
"amplitude": 109.45423957023802
}

I want to plot line graph with amplitude in y axis and frequency in x axis, I am not finding any option which shows me such data :frowning:

For the y-axis you can use a min or max aggregration and then select x.frequency. As long as there is only ever one unique frequency per amplitude value, then min and max will give you the same value.

Let me know if this answers your question!

Hi Stacey, Thank you for the reply, I am not getting the expected result.

Do you have data for those fields in the last 15 minutes? Maybe expanding your time range will help?

There is no time field for that data, This is just x and y. Here is a snapshot of the data.

Hmmm, if there are no timestamps in your index, I'm surprised the time range is showing up in the upper right corner of Visualize.

Can you post a screenshot of your accel* index?

Here is how one of my time based indexes looks:

and here is the non time based index:

41 AM

Notice the lack of Time Filter field name

You can see when I create that visualization, I don't see that time picker:

30 AM

What version of Kibana are you running?

Hi Stacey,

There are two types of document in this index. Another one has time series.

Ok, Now I realized. I deleted everything from Kibana and moved the data without time series to new index and imported here and I was able to plot.

Then again I imported index with time data and then now it is not showing time selector anywhere (Even though it belongs to different index now).

How will I get this done now? I want both the data and I plot different visualization using both.

You won't be able to see data as long as the index you are using is marked as being time based.

Can you explain a little more about how you want to use the data together? You can create two different index patterns, one time based and one not, and create your visualizations using the different index pattern depending on which data you wish.

Hi Stacey,
This works, Thanks :slight_smile:

But the next question is here .. I can plot one line graph against one x and y, like x_amplitude vs y_amplitude. I want to plot 3 graphs here.

My data looks like this
x: {
freq:
amp:
},
y: {
freq:
amp:
},
z: {
freq:
amp:
}

I want to plot freq vs amp for each axis (x,y, and z) separately, But in same graph. Like I use split in time series.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.