Dashboard filter does not include fields from the index used in Vega visualization

Hi,

I am trying to add an on-click signal to add a filter when clicked on each sector of a pie-chart using Vega. Even though the filter is added, it is not affected on the chart and shows an error within the filter.

The fields of the index I'm using for the visualization are not seem to be included, as the error says Disabled Field machine.os.keyword not found in index pattern apache*. But, apache* is not the index I'm using for the pie-chart although it is an index I created earlier in Elasticsearch and the default index I get when opening Kibana Discover.

However, I can add the same filter manually as a Kibana search query and it will work fine.

Why are the fields from the index I'm using are not available in filters? As an alternative, is it possible to add a query in the search bar using an on-click signal?

I'm using Elastic v 7.9.3

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

Hi @ege, welcome to the community :heart:

This should be fixed in upcoming 7.11 release by this pr: https://github.com/elastic/kibana/pull/84090

As a workaround until then you could try to change your default index pattern to the one you are using in Vega viz.

1 Like

Great! Thank you so much for the clarification @dosant. :blush:

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.