Dashboard User cant see any data

I have a Dashboard and now I want to create a user that is allowed to view this dashboard.
I want the user to be able to change the date range on the search as well as filter the data using the search filter bar.

I followed this recommendation: https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/kibana/6.2/advanced-dashboard-mode-configuration.html

I have created a custom_dashboard_Role and copied the setting in the Kibana_user role, i added in the indices that i have created which drive the dashboard.

I then created my user and assigned the new role to the new user. I can logon on using the new user account but I cannot view anything. If I clack on Dashboards nothing comes up.

What am I missing here?

Thanks in advance

Screenshot%20from%202018-03-05%2010-37-40

I tried following the same steps for a dashboard only user and when I login as that user who has privileges only to see the Dashboard and nothing else, it works as expected for me. Am on 6.2.2

My user has kibana_user, kibana_dashboard_only_user and access to the index pattern.

Thanks
Rashmi

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.