Date fields are not working

Hello everyone,

As I am trying to populate area chart with my date fields.
It is not working in kibana, when i check with elasticsearch query its working there.

My elasticsearch query :

which is showing results in kibana console.

Below is my mapping:
PUT test1
{
"settings": {
"index.mapping.ignore_malformed": true
},
"mappings": {
"each_file": {
"properties": {
"Size": {"type": "integer","ignore_malformed": false },
"Path ID": {"type": "integer","ignore_malformed": false },
"Family Item Number": {"type": "integer","ignore_malformed": false },
"Creation Time": {"type": "date", "format": "E dd MMM yyyy HH:mm:ss a z"},
"Document Creation Time": {"type": "date", "format": "E dd MMM yyyy HH:mm:ss a z"},
"Document Modification Time": {"type": "date", "format": "E dd MMM yyyy HH:mm:ss a z"},
"Email Received Time": {"type": "date", "format": "E dd MMM yyyy HH:mm:ss a z"},
"Email Sent Time": {"type": "date", "format": "E dd MMM yyyy HH:mm:ss a z"},
"Modification Time": {"type": "date", "format": "E dd MMM yyyy HH:mm:ss a z"}
}
}
}
}

and my date format : Document Creation Time : Fri 02 Nov 2001 06:28:37 AM IST

I dont know how to show chart in kibana?

Thanks for help.

Probably that pesky time filter. Top right of Kibana screen.

Can you be more specific. my date filter is not applying anywhere in whole kibana.
Is their any problem with my mapping or date format.

Does your Kibana index pattern have a choice of date field associated with the time picker?

No, i have only date field without time picker and its work good with numbers and strings fields

when i add time filter field it show no results match

It would help if you could show a full screenshot so we can see the time-picker in the upper right corner and verify that this is set so it covers the Creation Time of the documents, which seems to be in 2009 based on the sample you showed.

I'm not sure what's going on here. If your elasticsearch query is working correctly this is probably the wrong forum and you need to move the discussion over to the Kibana forums to figure out what's up with that visualization,

That looks correct, so I would agree with Mark that moving the discussion to the Kibana forum is a good idea.

Moved to Kibana forum

Thanks you Mark :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.