Don't know how to strat using ELK

Im kind of struggling with the ELK environment.

I mount everything in a virtual box. I was able to set Elastic, Longstash and Kibana in a Linux distro.

Im still failing in the index pattern creation and (obviously) understanding how to set te Waze url feed (XML/JSON) in order to Start managing data.

I know that May be is asking too much, . but is there a possibility to have a call were i share my screen so someone can walk me thru?

Once again thanks for helping to making this work.

The idea is to make this work in order to share the experience with other counties so the can implement it as well.

Rodrigo Olivera
Department Of Transportation
San Isidro County, Buenos Aires, Argentina.

@rolive86, I recommend you watch some videos on YouTube and follow the official documentation - that's one approach to help you understand how the Elastic Stack works. There's plenty of information out there to help you setup a single node Elastic Stack environment.

How are you sending data to Elasticsearch? Endpoint --> Logstash --> Elasticsearch or Endpoint --> Elasticsearch?

Hey @rolive86
Hope this is a bit helpful to you

Regards
Shrikant

How are you sending data to Elasticsearch? Endpoint --> Logstash --> Elasticsearch or Endpoint --> Elasticsearch?

@popa my issue is my luck of knowledge in this matter. I don't work with AWS or any server for that matter.

I only have, for the moment, a Waze Feed with real time data only.

No server. No cold Back up.

My need is to set the url feed (XML/JSON) some where in ELK in order to manage the data of the feed in real time.

Is this possible?

On the other hand is there way, for ie, in order to test, or to start working setting the feed to be serve on a Gdrive , for instance?

I have very few resources, and my knowledge on server admin is very poor.

I'm trying to pull this from scratch... alone in the dark .

Thanks in advance.

I hate to be so blunt but you will absolutely need to become familiar with Linux system administration and Elastic Stack products to run a successful project.

If you do not have Linux system administration knowledge you can set up the Elastic Stack using Elastic Cloud: https://www.elastic.co/cloud

I really do not think there's a simple way to explain how to accomplish your goal, especially if you're starting off with zero knowledge. The only thing I can say is to start reading the documentation, watch some videos on how to setup and index data in Elasticsearch, and then setup a free trial of Azure, Google Cloud Platform, Amazon Web Services, etc., and then go from there.

Best of luck!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.