Dropdown filter didn't work

Hi,
my dropdown filter
essql query="SELECT fields.FileType as fileType FROM "test_index-*" where fields.FileType is not null group by fields.FileType"
| dropdownControl valueColumn="fileType" filterColumn="fileType" filterGroup="moin"
| render

My data table
filters group="moin" ungrouped=true
| essql query="SELECT fields.FileName as File, fields.FileType as Type, fields.MessageType as Action, "@timestamp" as Date FROM "test_index-*" WHERE fields.FileType is not null and fields.MessageType = 'NewFile'"
| table
| render

If i select a filter value other than --ANY-- the data table will be empty....
Is it the group by function in the dropdown filter ?
Regards

Hi @McSaesch,

The filterColumn parameter of the dropdownControl function has to be set to the full field name you want to filter by on the actual document - not the column name in the generated data table. It looks like the field name is fields.FileType, so could you try the following expression for the dropdown:

essql query="SELECT fields.FileType as fileType FROM "test_index-*" where fields.FileType is not null group by fields.FileType"
| dropdownControl valueColumn="fileType" filterColumn="fields.FileType" filterGroup="moin"
| render

I've change the controls, but it won't work.

essql
query="SELECT fields.FileType as fileType FROM "test-*" where fields.FileType is not null group by fields.FileType"
| dropdownControl valueColumn="fileType" filterColumn="fields.FileType" filterGroup="moin"
| render

filters group="moin" ungrouped=true
| essql
query="SELECT fields.FileName as Datei, fields.FileType as Typ, fields.MessageType as Grund, "@timestamp" as Datum FROM "test-*" WHERE fields.FileType is not null and fields.MessageType = 'NewFile' ORDER BY "@timestamp" desc"
| table
font={font family="'Open Sans', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif" size=16 align="left" color="#444444" weight="bold" underline=false italic=false}
| render
containerStyle={containerStyle border="2px solid #FFFFFF" borderRadius="2px" backgroundColor="#BBBBBB"}

What did i wrong?

Could you share your mapping and an example document? That will make it easier to reproduce your specific problem.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.