Elastic license

Hi all,
I have elastic cloud istance with Enterprise license.
I opened a ticket to get information about ingest pipline. Support give me same info about it but also tell me that my current subscription level is outside of my subscription’s scope: "Your current subscription level offers our world-class break/fix support, including general guidance and best practices. Although this question appears to be of a consultative nature outside of your subscription’s scope".

Could you explain me how work elastic license and support?

Thank you advance

I believe that is something you may need to clarify with Elastic Support. If you post the question here the community might be able to help.

Yes Christian. I'm trying but no response so far.
Furthermore, the support advised me to expose my problem on this forum because "monitored by Elastic employees" so I thought I'd ask here about license.

thanks anyway

I believe that the cloud support is giving support when something is wrong with your cluster.

Have a look at Elastic Elasticsearch Service Support Services Policy for Gold/Platinum/Enterprise/Private | Elastic. It describes what kind of support you can get:

4. Severity Level Definitions.

Level 1

The Customer's Elasticsearch Service production environment is not working or seriously impaired and no workaround is available. The Customer's revenue, security or brand is impacted as a result. Elastic will use continuous efforts during the Normal Hours of Operation stated above to provide a resolution for any Level 1 errors as soon as is commercially reasonable.

Level 2

The Customer's Elasticsearch Service environment is functioning but is impaired and working in a reduced capacity or continuity of service or an imminent deadline is at risk. The Customer's revenue, security or brand is threatened as a result. Elastic will use reasonable efforts during the Normal Hours of Operation stated above to provide a resolution for any Level 2 errors.

Level 3

This is the default severity level. Something isn't working as expected, or the Customer has a general question about its deployment. Elastic will use reasonable efforts to provide a resolution for any Level 3 error in time for an upcoming update to Elasticsearch Service. All inbound production email cases shall have an initial status of Level 3.

If you need private consulting, you may ask here Consulting Services for the Elastic Stack | Elastic Consulting.

Otherwise, indeed, in this forum, we can hopefully help you.

I hope this clarifies a bit...

Yes, I was starting to get it. Thanks for the clarifications.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.