Elastic Synthetic Product will cost?

Hi friends, Currently we are going to work with project monitors in our cluster 8.3.3, but we are afraid to request the activation of the management monitor, because we want to do business implementations now, but we don't know if they are going to charge us in the future or if it is a product that we can use without worrying about the cost. Give us some clarity on the subject please?

1 Like

If you look at the subscriptions table (Subscriptions | Elastic Stack Products & Support | Elastic) Real browser-based synthetic monitoring agent falls under the Free and open - Basic license, so I don't believe they will start to charge for this product.

It's correct, but when we use project monitor, we use private locations infrastructure to execute journeys, so this maybe an additional cost U_U, but I'm not sure.

NOTE / EDIT: This answer refers to Self Managed Elastic Agent or Heartbeat not the new hosted synthetics solution.

Where you want to run the synthetic from does not change the subscription model, synthetic agent is Free / Basic... Private Data Center, Cloud Provider, you laptop does not matter... 1 or 10000 it does not matter.

Of course you have to pay for your own HW to run it on.

And of course if you have other questions about licensing please see like you want to be an EOM

Or contact sales..

1 Like

Hey! I'm Drew, the PM for the new Synthetics offering. We're excited to see adoption of the project monitors! As we get closer to launch, we'll have some formal communications about pricing but the Tl;dr is:

• Billing for Synthetics test result data storage, search & the synthetics app covered under current billing models and licensing tiers
  • Tests executed on Private testing nodes (customer managed) are not charged any extra
  • Tests executed on the new managed infrastructure service will have an additional cost for customers

I hope that helps clarify things and gives you the confidence to keep engaging. I'm happy to answer any more questions you might have, as well!

Hi @drewpost, please confirm the next:

• Currently we are going to use project monitor for synthetics monitor, and we set up "location UE Weast", this options willl cost? If the answer is yes, how do I configure my Project monitor to deploy on the nodes of my cluster?

Hi @drewpost, please confirm the following:

• Currently we are going to use project monitor for synthetics monitor, and we set up "location UE Weast", this options willl cost? If the answer is yes, how do I configure my Project monitor to deploy on the nodes of my cluster? that is not clear to me.

Hi @odelacruzc - In our 8.3 stack release, project monitors only worked with our bets hosted infrastructure. This would be what's going to be charged for. In 8.4, we are releasing support for Private Testing locations. Once you set up a private testing location, you'll be able to point your synthetic projects at that location and run them for no additional charge.

Until 8.4 comes out, feel free to run your tests on our managed infrastructure as you will not be charged for that test execution whilst the service is in beta.

2 Likes

Thanks so much @drewpost.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.