Elasticsearch installation and configuration

Hello Experts,

I am Planning to install Elasticsearch in my environment PROD,

can you suggest me with Pre-Req? Also do we need license version ?

How to make it has how automation for installation /upgrade?

Hello,

You don't need any licence for elasticsearch "alone".

About automation, there are a ton of good tutorial to work with Chef, Ansible etc... Search on elastic Github:

Thanks for you response, do you recommend to have X-pack for it even if it is alone ELASTIC SEARCH setup? we are setting up 5.3.0, what your suggestions for me?

It depends what you need, read documentation and product presentation, you should understand what it's good for you or not.

Been struggling with the Ansible Playbook. Have run into problems with JAVA_HOME (seems to be using 1.7 at install time, had to fix that) and quite a few errors related to permissions on the host. I overcame these by sprinkling "become: true" wherever I ran into permission problems. Will try an end to end run again, to check, but not impressed by the ease of use of the Playbook, though it looks quite simple.
I am not installing on localhost, running it against an AWS instance. My goal is a functioning ELK stack, but it is proving quite difficult.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.