Enterprise License and number of instance we apply json file

We purchased Enterprise license, I wish to understand how it works ?

Because, it consists of Production and Non-Production JSON file. When we download and apply it in our instance under License Management it is upgraded from Basic to "Enterprise".

I wish to know, there no where the counter specifies that how many instances we have applied this license ? In case we purchased 1 license and apply to 2 instances then what will happen ? Pls help me to understand the License concept.

The best thing to do is to ask your sales contact at Elastic. They will be able to answer such questions. Here you have more engineers monitoring those spaces...

Ya, but is it different for Customer to Customer.. License should be common right with it Expiry date..

I am curious about if we applied the License and we wrongly Terminated the instance. What will happen, will the License shows as exceed the limit or still we can re-apply again ?

My understanding of the licence is that it's tight to one cluster. I think that if you apply the same license to 2 clusters, you are probably outside of the scope of the commercial contract. But that's only a guess... Again, please ask the sales team as they know the real rules. :stuck_out_tongue:

Since you already have an Enterprise license, you can reach support to get a better answer.

But for what I know, the license is per cluster, when you buy a license you buy a license for a cluster with a specific number of nodes and then you get a production license and a non-production license for that cluster.

You just need to apply the license once per cluster.

It is not clear what you mean with this, as mentioned the license is per cluster, so if you have different customers with difference clusters, you will need different licenses.

I don't think the issue here is technical, but legal, as mentioned before you can apply the license to only one cluster as licenses are per cluster, if you apply the same production license to multiple production clusters you are probably breaching your contract and can have some legal issues, but the license itself will not terminate your cluster or do any thing like that.

But you will need to contact Elastic to get a better explanation