Error when configure email account elasticseach.yml - Elastic Cloud

Hello guys,

We have the problem when configuring SMTP more in ELastic Cloud SaaS Error when configure email account elasticseach.ymlfor sending alerts. When saving the configuration we get the following error:

Your changes cannot be applied
Elasticsearch - 'xpack.notification.email.account.outlook_account.profile': is not allowed
Elasticsearch - 'xpack.notification.email.account.outlook_account.smtp.auth': is not allowed
Elasticsearch - 'xpack.notification.email.account.outlook_account.smtp.starttls.enable': is not allowed
Elasticsearch - 'xpack.notification.email.account.outlook_account.smtp.host': is not allowed
Elasticsearch - 'xpack.notification.email.account.outlook_account.smtp.port': is not allowed
Elasticsearch - 'xpack.notification.email.account.outlook_account.smtp.user': is not allowed
Elasticsearch - 'xpack.notification.email.account.outlook_account.profile': is not allowed
Elasticsearch - 'xpack.notification.email.account.outlook_account.smtp.auth': is not allowed
Elasticsearch - 'xpack.notification.email.account.outlook_account.smtp.starttls.enable': is not allowed
Elasticsearch - 'xpack.notification.email.account.outlook_account.smtp.host': is not allowed
Elasticsearch - 'xpack.notification.email.account.outlook_account.smtp.port': is not allowed
Elasticsearch - 'xpack.notification.email.account.outlook_account.smtp.user': is not allowed

We have already added and validated this email account as instructed by the documentation at the link below:

Can you help us?
Sincerely

Hi @Tornis

First we are not all guys :wink:

Second have you looked at the new Kibana Alerting Framework, pretty powerful and easy.

With respect to the emails and watcher in Elastic Cloud

The settings you are trying set are specifically not allowed in Elastic Cloud it is on the page you referenced above, the emails are sent / originated from the email services within elastic cloud.

Specifically, configuring email accounts is not applicable to Elasticsearch Service.

So if you added the emails to the whitelist that you want to send the alerts to you will use that email(s) in your watcher action

Then you will use that in the watcher email actions

"actions" : {
  "send_email" : { 
    "email" : { 
      "to" : "alerts@mycompany.com", 
      "subject" : "Watcher Notification", 
      "body" : "{{ctx.payload.hits.total}} error logs found" 
    }
  }
}

Hope that helps... if you are doing fairly normal alerts take a look at the new framework, however watcher is still more advanced today though.

1 Like

Hi @stephenb! Thanks for the English tips :slight_smile:

About Elastic Cloud I'm using Watcher to generate reports and send them by email. So as I understand it, I don't have to worry about setting up an email gateway on the correct Elastic Cloud? Just inform the recipient that Elastic Cloud itself sends the email, is that it? Is my understanding correct?

Thanks!

Yes ... Just add the whitelisted emails and then use them. it's been a while since I sent one.. so I don't remember the exact from ... I think you can set a from / reply to.. I would test it out.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.