Fields in rollup index shows warning “No cache mapping for this field. Refresh field list from the management > Index Patterns page”

Hi,

I am a newbie to Elastic Stack. I have ingested data to elasticsearch and trying my hands on Rollup feature of Xpack.

I have created a rollup job with index name rollupindex1 and other configurations as shown in Image- 1.png

But when I go to discover page to see the contents of the index I get the following warning :

No cache mapping for this field. Refresh field list from the management > Index Patterns page”

as shown in Image- 2.png

Adding further to this, I am not able to create any visualizations using these fields as they are not available for options in the “Add Filter” option of kibana. (The reason is obvious that no cached mapping for the fields are present).

Setup details:

Xpack : trial version
Elastic Version : 6.5.4

Thanks,
Vrushali D

Hello! Thanks for trying out the new rollups feature. Rollup support in Kibana is currently in beta - everything you are seeing is a result of that. Discover fields table does not fully support rollup index patterns yet, and visualization querying/filtering is limited. A new Kibana blog post is coming this week that will provide an example rollup usage from sample web logs data.

1 Like

Hi jen-huang,

Thanks for the quick response !

Thanks,
Vrushali

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.