Grants to see only Dashboard in Kibana

Hi,

I am trying to configure a dashboard in kibana that can only be queried by a certain user group.

The idea is to use a permissions setting on the .kibana index and the data index on which I built the dashboard with a basic security configuration,

[

]

I can make a user access to the dashboard, but can also alter its contents, create new dashboards, etc.

I have tried simply giving it read permissions on the .kibana index, but when I log in again with the user, I can not see anything, all pages appear empty.

Is it possible to configure permission level security on the kibana index so that users with these permissions can only see a dashboard and interact with it, but do nothing else?

In earlier versions of Shield, it was possible to have a lower granularization of permissions, but now, the ones I can see are more basic (read, write, etc.)

In this line, is it possible to disable Kibana functionality using xpack or other configurations? For example, leave the menu option "Discover" blank or disappear?

Thank you,

Could you try giving the user read and view_index_metadata privileges on .kibana? That should give the user read-only access to the dashboard. Note, however, that UI elements to alter the dashboard will still be shown but they just won't function.

In this line, is it possible to disable Kibana functionality using xpack or other configurations? For example, leave the menu option "Discover" blank or disappear?

Its possible with individual plugins. So, for example, you could set xplugins.reporting.enabled: false in your kibana.yml to disable the Reporting features in Kibana. However, it isn't possible to hide Discover.

Thx for information shaunak, using read and view_index_metadata privileges was enought.

Regards!

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.