How can users be allowed change their own passwords only, not everyone's?

Hello. I read here and here and understand that users can change their passwords on Kibana. I had to add role with "manage_security" privilege to do so. However, this privilege allows the user to add super_user and pretty much do anything.

Is there a finer privilege that allows the user to change their own passwords only? Or some other way to allow to user to change their own passwords only?

Thank you.

Hi Johnny,

You should NOT have to give users "manage_security" privilege for them to be able to change their own password.

If the user tries to go to Management > Users they will get a permission error message like this;

But if they just click on their username near the bottom-left they should be able to change their own password;

Regards,
Lee

Awesome, thanks Lee. Your explanation about Management > Users error clarified it. I didn't know you can change the password by clicking on the username on bottom left. So I was trying with "management_security".

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.