How ECE monitor metric from multiple cluster?

Hi ECE:

When I setup monitoring for ECE, it recommends me to send metric to another cluster rather than the current one.

I wonder If I have a dedicated cluster for monitoring and receiving metrics from 3 different clusters. How can I monitor each cluster in Marvel?

If there is no way to split the monitoring, does it mean I need to setup a monitoring cluster to each production elasticsearch cluster?

Hi @weibin.wu

You can set up a dedicated cluster for monitoring purposes only and monitor each of those 3 cluster in one view as it's a part of X-Pack monitoring feature under a paid subscription including ECE.

If there is no way to split the monitoring, does it mean I need to setup a monitoring cluster to each production elasticsearch cluster?

This will not be necessary as you can create a dedicated cluster for monitoring and send production cluster metrics to that monitoring cluster.

Thanks,
Bohyun

Hi Bohyun:

Thanks for the answer.

I also believe Marvel can monitor each cluster. But in Kibana-> Monitoring->Overview, I don't see any option to monitor only one cluster. The metric like QPS shows the total QPS of 3 clusters.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.