How to change time zone in Kibana for the Index date field

We have 3 Date fields which is getting converted to UTC time zone by default, I would like to change the UTC time Zone to America/New_York timezone. Could you please let me know how to change it.

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Manjunath

What is your use case?

Ideally you should store the date fields in UTC and leave the timezone to the client that does the query on that field.

While inserting the data to elastic search, the above 3 date fields were loaded in UTC timezone instead of America/New_York timezone. Now the data which is getting displayed in Kibana is not correct. Now I would like of change the Timezone in the elastic search data.

If possible, could you please suggest the solution for this issue.

Thanks & Regards,
Manjunath

Elasticsearch stores the date in UTC internally, and I don't think it can change.
Check this https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/reference/current/date.html.

Kibana will use your local timezone to display those UTC dates.
Can you please show how you send the dates to Elaticsearch?

We are using the JDBC Query to get the data from the Database, while retrieving the data, in the query itself we give UTC time conversion as given below.

TO_CHAR(CAST(STARTTIME AS TIMESTAMP) AT TIME ZONE 'UTC','YYYY-MM-DD hh24:mi:ss')
TO_CHAR(CAST(ENDTIME AS TIMESTAMP) AT TIME ZONE 'UTC','YYYY-MM-DD hh24:mi:ss')

Thanks & Regards,
Manjunath

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.