How to install vis.js and 3d plugins

my linux server don't have internet access

i downloaded the files
how can i continue

thanks for help

Once you download the parts of the stack you plan to use (Elasticsearch and Kibana, perhaps others), you don't need Internet access to use them. Simply start them up.

Both will bind to your local network interface, Elasticsearch on port 9200 and Kibana on port 5601.

hi
the instrunctions are to to do with npm install vis

when i do it i get error

[root@devlnxelk02 vis-master]# npm install vis
npm ERR! Linux 3.10.0-693.11.6.el7.x86_64
npm ERR! argv "/usr/share/kibana/node/bin/node" "/usr/share/kibana/node/bin/npm" "install" "vis"
npm ERR! node v6.11.1
npm ERR! npm v3.10.10
npm ERR! code ENOTFOUND
npm ERR! errno ENOTFOUND
npm ERR! syscall getaddrinfo

npm ERR! network getaddrinfo ENOTFOUND registry.npmjs.org registry.npmjs.org:443
npm ERR! network This is most likely not a problem with npm itself
npm ERR! network and is related to network connectivity.
npm ERR! network In most cases you are behind a proxy or have bad network settings.
npm ERR! network

npm ERR! network If you are behind a proxy, please make sure that the

npm ERR! network 'proxy' config is set properly. See: 'npm help config'
npm ERR! Please include the following file with any support request:
npm ERR! /data/install/elastic/kibana_plugins/vis-master/npm-debug.log

Looks like a network problem, getaddrinfo ENOTFOUND registry.npmjs.org registry.npmjs.org:443, likely because the machine has no connection.

You can't just npm install stuff into Kibana like that anyway. Are you trying to build a plugin? If you want to use that vis library, you'll need to write your own custom visualizations, and do so in a plugin. The process is different, and will require that you have an Internet connection, at least to start with.

If you'd like to build a plugin, the plugin template provides a good starting point.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.