Hyperlink or drilldown for a metric in Table Visualisation

Hi!

I am using Kibana 7.10.2.

So I am making a dashboard with tickets data. For certain tables, the last column is the 'Count of Tickets'. What I need it that for every table I make with this column, I want to make the count clickable, diverting the viewer to another dashboard which shows the details of those tickets only.

Example: a table shows ticket sales by region of a city, North, South, East and West.
For North it sold 998 tickets. If I click the 998, I should be taken to another Dashboard with specific details of those 998 tickets only. Is that possible?

Thank you in advance.

Hi, have you seen the documentation about creating drilldowns in a dashboard?

See: Make dashboards interactive | Kibana Guide [7.15] | Elastic

Hopefully that provides what you are looking for.

Hi Tim!

Thank you for your reply!

I have actually seen the page, but it does not speak about how I could add a hyperlink to the count metric alone.

Thank you for confirming. :slight_smile:

I went through an example myself, and it appears that drilldowns only apply to "top hits" values in a table. That is, values of terms aggregations or top hits aggregations. That is because the hit value is used to create a filter for the target dashboard, and filters apply to individual documents. We're not able to make a filter for 998 because that number doesn't apply to an individual document: it's an aggregated metric.

In the example you gave, the filterable detail of the table is the region. For example: region: North. This means when you want to view the details of the 998 documents in the North region, you click the :heavy_plus_sign: icon on the North value, and click a drilldown that you've added that takes you to another dashboard that you have defined.

This explains how drilldowns are implemented in Kibana, and perhaps you already knew that. I think your question might have been a way to ask how to do this in fewer clicks by clicking on the metric. I don't see anything like that documented, so the question is probably more of an enhancement request.

You can send requests for enhancements through this link: https://github.com/elastic/kibana/issues/new/choose. Click " Feature request on the form.

Hope this helps!

1 Like

That's a really comprehensive reply Tim! Thank you so much for explaining it this well!

I will send it as a request of enhancement.

Again, thank you very much for your help!

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.