I'm working on new community beat

Hello, i'm working on new project that collecting metrics from k6 via restAPI and indexes them then sending them to elasticsearch by beats. I just wonder if anyone working on this?

If I'm not wrong Community Beats are deprecated.

The goal for Elastic is to migrate everything from Beats to Elastic Agent to be able to deprecate the individual beats in the future.

Not sure when or even if this will happen, but the focus is on Elastic Agent.

Since you are collecting metrics using Rest API, a better approach would be to make an Elastic Agent Integration using the httpjson input.

Okay thanks for relpy!! Then should I turning my project to elastic agent format? Because I write the codes as I say, it almost finished. Has anyone else worked on k6 service? Or maybe there is another service that Elastic wants, i can work on projects like this too.

Okay thanks for relpy!! Then should I turning my project to elastic agent format? Because I write the codes as I say, it almost finished. Has anyone else worked on k6 service? Or maybe there is another service that Elastic wants, i can work on projects like this too.

Not sure how to answer that, it is your choice, I just informed that the priority for Elastic now is the Elastic Agent and that community beats are deprecated.

Okay i get it but my beat is based on metricbeat. I mean I make it by using [creating a beat based on metricbeat] (Creating a Beat based on Metricbeat | Beats Developer Guide [7.17] | Elastic) document. Won't they still accept this?

Not sure what you mean with this, Community Beats are developed and maintained by the community, they are never considered to be officially part of the Elastic Stack.

If you check the documentation for community beats you will see this note.

Elastic provides no warranty or support for community-sourced Beats.

You can build and distribute your custom beat as you wish and you can make a PR for your beat to be added to the list in the linked documentation, but as already mentioned, Community Beats were deprecated on version 7.16 and I'm not sure if Elastic will add anything to that documentation.

Most of the Community Beats listed in the documentation were abandoned.

Yes I know community-beats never be officially part of the Elastic Stack. I make this project for becoming metric-beat if Elasticsearch let it.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.