[indices:admin/flush[s][r]] is unauthorized for user [user] with effective roles [grant_kibana_system_indices,superuser] on restricted indices [my-restricted-index], this action is granted by the index privileges [maintenance,manage,all]

Continuing the discussion from Action [indices:admin/flush[s]] is unauthorized for user [admin] with roles [superuser] on restricted indices [.kibana_task_manager_7.17.5_001], this action is granted by the index privileges [maintenance,manage,all]:

Hi there,

I'm continuing this discussion because I have a very similar issue to this. I have tried adding the username my role that grant all, manage, and maintenance privileges to my-restricted-index. When I run GET _security/user/_privileges I get the following:

{
  "cluster" : [
    "all"
  ],
  "global" : [ ],
  "indices" : [
    {
      "names" : [
        "*"
      ],
      "privileges" : [
        "all"
      ],
      "allow_restricted_indices" : true
    }
  ],
  "applications" : [
    {
      "application" : "*",
      "privileges" : [
        "*"
      ],
      "resources" : [
        "*"
      ]
    }
  ],
  "run_as" : [
    "*"
  ]
}

However, I'm still getting the same error. Any ideas on where I'm still going wrong?

Thanks

Can you please post a full copy of the exact error message that you're getting?

I actually was able to do it through a docker container but not on the main server. Not sure why.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.