Infrastructure UI (kubernetes) => APM Traces Integration

Hi,

I am not sure if I should post this here or under APM, nor if it has been mentioned before. Anyway, I noticed an issue with the kubernetes.pod.uid mismatched if I choose the "View pod APM traces" option from the Infrastructure UI - Kubernetes screen, i.e. the APM traces UI is expecting a pod UID with underscore separator, while the Infrastructure UI is querying with a pod UID using dash/hyphen as the pod UID separator.

To reproduce:

1. Go to Infrastructure UI - Kubernetes
  2. On one of the pod choose "View pod APM traces"
  3. Redirected to APM traces screen with a sample URL:
    /app/apm#/traces?_g=()&kuery=kubernetes.pod.uid:"7773f7c7-fd30-11e9-be82-005056938be8"

Noticed that the pod.uid is delimited with hyphen. This returned no result on APM traces page. However, If I replaced hyphen with underscore, the APM traces returned the correct pod APM traces, i.e.
/app/apm#/traces?_g=()&kuery=kubernetes.pod.uid:"7773f7c7_fd30_11e9_be82_005056938be8"

I am not sure if this is a known issue or I missed a configuration in either my metricbeat or APM agent.

Using version 7.4.1 for all components, i.e. Elasticsearch, Kibana, Metricbeat, APM server.
APM Java agent. v1.10.0.

The kubernetes cluster is OKD 3.10.

Thanks.

Issued solved in APM thread Infrastructure UI (kubernetes) - APM Traces Integration

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.