I am not sure if I should post this here or under APM, nor if it has been mentioned before. Anyway, I noticed an issue with the kubernetes.pod.uid mismatched if I choose the "View pod APM traces" option from the Infrastructure UI - Kubernetes screen, i.e. the APM traces UI is expecting a pod UID with underscore separator, while the Infrastructure UI is querying with a pod UID using dash/hyphen as the pod UID separator.
- Go to Infrastructure UI - Kubernetes
- On one of the pod choose "View pod APM traces"
- Redirected to APM traces screen with a sample URL:
Noticed that the pod.uid is delimited with hyphen. This returned no result on APM traces page. However, If I replaced hyphen with underscore, the APM traces returned the correct pod APM traces, i.e.
I am not sure if this is a known issue or I missed a configuration in either my metricbeat or APM agent.
Using version 7.4.1 for all components, i.e. Elasticsearch, Kibana, Metricbeat, APM server.
APM Java agent. v1.10.0.
The kubernetes cluster is OKD 3.10.