Insert dashboard from Kibana 4.1.3 to Kibana 6.1

I am using Kibana 4.1.3. I built ELK 6.1.1. and I would like to import dashboard and visualization from old Kibana. I download dashboard in json format but when I tried to import it, it does not work (Saved Objects: Saved objects file format is invalid and cannot be imported.)

I want to tried this, but there is no OPEN button.

Is there an easy way how to import dashboard and visualization from Kibana 4.1.3 or is it better to create new one from scratch in Kibana 6.1.?

hi @dorinand,

in 6.x, you can import dashboards with the "import" button on the top-right in the Management application, under the "Saved Objects" tab.

You are jumping two major versions though, so there is a chance the import will not work. Whether it will import without any warnings or errors will depend a little on the exact contents of your dashboard.

Hello @thomasneirynck, thank you for your reply. I tried it the same way as you mentioned in your answer but as I writed in my question, I received Saved Objects: Saved objects file format is invalid and cannot be imported error. I expect that it will be a problem to move it but I thought there could be some tool for transforming the dashboards. So it looks like it is better way to create new dashboards and visualizations.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.