Invoke a dashboard with the current query

(Olav Kvittem) #1

Hi, I am saving links to other dashboards in a Markdown visualization and I would like
the linked dashboard to pick up the current query string.
Is it possible to pass the current query string in the url to a dashboard ?

(Nathan Reese) #2

The lucene query is included in the dashboard URL. You could hard code lucene query strings into the Markdown visualizations, but there is no way to have a link in a Markdown visualization that dynamically includes the current query. Can your query be expressed as pinned filters? Pinned filters will persist across dashboards.

(Nathan Reese) #3

There is an open enhancement ticket for this functionality, https://github.com/elastic/kibana/issues/7383

(Olav Kvittem) #4

Thanks, this covers parts of my need - for simple selections, but I can not see how more complex logical expressions can be done here. I could solve specific needs by making programmable fields for categories.
So a pinable Query field then and pinable inheritable index(see another post) also like time selection today is on my wishlist for a more genericly consistent user experience.
Anyhow I love the power of what I already have :slight_smile:

(system) #5

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.