Is Elastic Search paid?

Hello Team,

My team is setting up a centralized logging system for our .Net applications. We have decided to go with Elastic Search but I am still a bit confused on the pricing part.

I am assuming that I will be using Elasticsearch and Kibana since we just need to observe the logs for troubleshooting, etc.

So, my question is regarding the pricing of Elasticsearch and Kibana, are these 2 paid or free to use?

There is a Basic license level that is completely free and cover a lot of features. Some features however require a commercial subscription.

1 Like

Thanks Christian, that helps a lot.

If you don't mind can I ask 1 more thing?

AWS offers OpenSearch (as per my understanding Elasticsearch as service), it there any similar service in Azure as well?

Regards

OpenSearch/OpenDistro are AWS run products and differ from the original Elasticsearch and Kibana products that Elastic builds and maintains. You may need to contact them directly for further assistance.

(This is an automated response from your friendly Elastic bot. Please report this post if you have any suggestions or concerns :elasticheart: )

OpenSearch started out as a fork of an old version of Elasticsearch but has developed separately since and is no longer compatible. It is basically a different product nowadays. Elastic offers a hosted Elasticsearch service available on AWS, GCP and Azure.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.