Is there a way to edit documents in Kibana?

I would like to know if there's a way to edit documents in Kibana's Discover tab. Either with a built in feature I've missed or with a plugin. So far I've failed to find anything like this, even though it feels like a pretty basic feature.

What I'm thinking about is a way to edit the documents in the Discover tab. Clicking on a field, edit its content, hit save somewhere and so on. So basically this would be an update call behind the scenes.

Does such feature exist or any plugin which serves the same or similar purpose?

1 Like

Hey @Kvin

Yes you can make changes in the Documents in the Kibana, But for that you will have to enable Painless Scripting in your elasticsearch.yml

script.painless.regex.enabled: true

you can refer painless scrpiting here Link. You can wirte your script in Dev Tools.

Regards :tiger:

Thank you for your reply, but this is not what I've meant. I think you are referring to the Dev Tools tab of Kibana, the interface where you can write PUT-s and GET-s. I'm referring to the Discover tab where you can list all your documents, write quick queries, adjust the time frame and so on. I would like to know if I can edit the documents from there or not.

Oh! I'm sorry for that, but as of my knowledge editing a document means adding new fields or deleting fields from your document. May be I'm not able to understand your requirment. If you could help me with a screenshot or a senario that can help me understand your problem.

About Dev Tool if we make any changes in dev tools either UPDATE or DELETE any document you will get the changes reflected in Kibana Discover Tab.

Regards :tiger:

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.