Just launch kibana meet error about result window size

when I launch the elasticsearch.bat, I check the port 9200 and it works well. Then I launch the kibana.bat, it meets error as following:

log [10:15:41.497] [warning][stats-collection] Unable to fetch data from rollups collector
error [10:15:41.501] [warning][stats-collection] [query_phase_execution_exception] Result window is too large, from + size must be less than or equal to: [128] but was [10000]. See the scroll api for a more efficient way to request large data sets. This limit can be set by changing the [index.max_result_window] index level setting. :: {"path":"/.kibana/_search","query":{"size":10000,"ignore_unavailable":true,"filter_path":"hits.hits._source.canvas-workpad"},"body":"{"query":{"bool":{"filter":{"term":{"type":"canvas-workpad"}}}}}","statusCode":500,"response":"{"error":{"root_cause":[{"type":"query_phase_execution_exception","reason":"Result window is too large, from + size must be less than or equal to: [128] but was [10000]. See the scroll api for a more efficient way to request large data sets. This limit can be set by changing the [index.max_result_window] index level setting."}],"type":"search_phase_execution_exception","reason":"all shards failed","phase":"query","grouped":true,"failed_shards":[{"shard":0,"index":".kibana_1","node":"nbSn1hqaSWat0mZvUdXiGA","reason":{"type":"query_phase_execution_exception","reason":"Result window is too large, from + size must be less than or equal to: [128] but was [10000]. See the scroll api for a more efficient way to request large data sets. This limit can be set by changing the [index.max_result_window] index level setting."}}]},"status":500}"}
at respond (D:\elasticSearch\kibana-6.5.4-windows-x86_64\node_modules\elasticsearch\src\lib\transport.js:308:15)
at checkRespForFailure (D:\elasticSearch\kibana-6.5.4-windows-x86_64\node_modules\elasticsearch\src\lib\transport.js:267:7)
at HttpConnector. (D:\elasticSearch\kibana-6.5.4-windows-x86_64\node_modules\elasticsearch\src\lib\connectors\http.js:165:7)
at IncomingMessage.wrapper (D:\elasticSearch\kibana-6.5.4-windows-x86_64\node_modules\elasticsearch\node_modules\lodash\lodash.js:4949:19)
at emitNone (events.js:111:20)
at IncomingMessage.emit (events.js:208:7)
at endReadableNT (_stream_readable.js:1064:12)
at _combinedTickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:139:11)
at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:181:9)

I try using python to connect elasticsearch, it can feedback as usural, and I do change the window size last time, but I didn't expect that it can cause errors when kibana launch.

Hello @Lin_Zhu

Did you try setting a larger value for index.max_result_window in config/kibana.yml ? Increasing this value may have other side effects but it would be good to confirm that this is the extent of the problem.

Thank you!! I tried but I didn't find that variable in the kibana.yml, so I tried to modify it in the command line, but the command “-XPUT” can't work. (I just want to constrain the number of return documents, I think it's a simple operation, but it seems troublesome, maybe because I didn't get the mechanism of it. If you know how to do it, maybe you can tell me, thanks a lot:) )

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.