Kibana 5.2.1 visualisation unexpectedly blank

Hi,

I'm experiencing a problem with visualising data in Kibana 5.2.1/Elasticsearch 5.2.1. The discover pane displays the data and count but when I try to plot this on a graph, it's blank. There's nothing seemingly interesting in the logs and no error messages.

Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

Index mappings:

PUT happiness
{
"mappings": {
"rating": {
"properties": {
"teamID": {
"type": "text"
},
"happinessRating": {
"type": "integer"
},
"ratingDate": {
"type": "date"
}
}
}
}
}

logs:
==> elasticsearch_deprecation.log <==
[2017-02-28T22:17:31,190][WARN ][o.e.d.i.q.QueryParseContext] query malformed, empty clause found at [1:143]
[2017-02-28T22:17:42,739][WARN ][o.e.d.i.q.QueryParseContext] query malformed, empty clause found at [1:143]

Discover:

Vis:

I think this may be a bug in Timelion. I've recreated the visualisation based on the standard search and it does work. For the same aggregation Timelion is still blank - no results returned.

hi @awconstable,

I'm trying to reproduce this, with no luck.

Does this also occur when you use Timelion from the main timelion application (iso. from the "Timeseries" visualization)?

Yes, only using timelion or a time series graph. If I create a standard line chart and add time series data to an axis. Then it works.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.