Kibana 6.7 Enable Reporting

Hi all,
What's needed at a minimum to enable reporting in Kibana?

I've tried adding this to kibana.yml
xpack.reporting.enabled: true

> {"type":"log","@timestamp":"2019-04-02T21:01:34Z","tags":["reporting","warning"],"pid":28364,"message":"Generating a random key for xpack.reporting.encryptionKey. To prevent pending reports from failing on restart, please set xpack.reporting.encryptionKey in kibana.yml"}
> Apr  3 08:01:34 spelk kibana[28364]: {"type":"log","@timestamp":"2019-04-02T21:01:34Z","tags":["status","plugin:reporting@6.7.0","info"],"pid":28364,"state":"green","message":"Status changed from uninitialized to green - Ready","prevState":"uninitialized","prevMsg":"uninitialized"}
> Apr  3 08:01:34 spelk kibana[28364]: {"type":"log","@timestamp":"2019-04-02T21:01:34Z","tags":["reporting","warning"],"pid":28364,"message":"The Reporting plugin encountered issues launching Chromium in a self-test. You may have trouble generating reports: Error: Failed to launch chrome!\n/var/lib/kibana/headless_shell-linux/headless_shell: error while loading shared libraries: libnss3.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory\n\n\nTROUBLESHOOTING: https://github.com/GoogleChrome/puppeteer/blob/master/docs/troubleshooting.md\n"}
> Apr  3 08:01:34 spelk kibana[28364]: {"type":"log","@timestamp":"2019-04-02T21:01:34Z","tags":["reporting","warning"],"pid":28364,"message":"See Chromium's log output at \"/var/lib/kibana/headless_shell-linux/chrome_debug.log\""}

Is this a free feature? are there any prerequisites I need to install (Ubuntu Server 18.04)
Thanks

You will need to install the libnss3 package to correct this issue.

CSV reporting is included in our default distribution, which is free. For PDF and PNG reporting, that starts at Gold.

Reporting

1 Like

Thanks for your help. Just to confirm I don't need to enable anything for CSV?
I am missing the report "tab" but I can export to CSV, is that what you meant by default or do I still need to enable it in Kibana?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.