Kibana 7.0.1 won't lad index pattern

Hi Team,
We just installed Elasticsearch and Kibana 7.0.1. but I can't load the index pattern.
I've read all the existing threads/topics related to this issue and I've done these:

1. Loading sample data exhibits the same behavior.
    After the index creation, I can see the fields.

defaultIndex is set to the previous index.

2. Indices are there

3..kibana is in the kibana.yml

Any help would be deeply appreciated.
Thanks!

Hi,
I don't understand the issue . You loaded sample data ( flights) and index pattern is not created ? But I do see that from the screenshot you have posted - that the kibana sample data flights index exists and you are able to see the fields as well . On my dev environment, here is what I did : The Flights data set contains data for four airlines. I loaded the data and preconfigured dashboard from the Kibana home page.

1. On the home page, click the link next to Sample data .
  2. On the Sample flight data card, click Add .
  3. Click View data .

I was taken to the Global Flight dashboard, a collection of charts, graphs, maps, and other visualizations of the the data in the kibana_sample_data_flights index.

https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/kibana/current/tutorial-sample-data.html

might help more ..

If you are able to follow this, then the index pattern is already created for you .

Hope this helps
Rashmi

Thank you for getting back to me.
Yes, that's what I did. The index was there after I load the data. But the index pattern is not created right after this.
If I navigated to Discover page, this is what I see:

Basically, it looks like the index pattern was not being created successfully.
It just keeps asking me to create an index pattern.

This post had described the same thing.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.